Welcome to Heartland Title Agency, LLC
Special Message Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As the emergence of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve, Heartland Title Agency, LLC’s (HTA) leadership team is prepared to respond, as needed, to continue operations. Our highest priority is always the health and safety of our staff, customers, and vendors; however, we are also mindful that we provide vital services to our customers. As part of our contingency and business continuity plans, to help minimize business disruption, we have developed the following guidelines for our operations.
Pre-Closing Preparation: Closing documentation will be provided to you by secure email in PDF format or by mail. We encourage you to read through the documentation ahead of closing and contact your local office by phone or email with any questions or changes.
Buyers: For cash buyers, there is no need for you to attend closing. Your closing documents will be provided to you by secure email in PDF format or by mail. As a reminder, Ohio law requires you to transfer funds to HTA by wire transfer. For buyers/borrowers that are obtaining financing, we will coordinate with your lender to minimize the burden upon you to obtain necessary closing documents.
In-Person Closing: In the event an in-person closing is unavoidable, our offices will continue to provide those services as long as we are able to do so. In order to protect health and safety, our offices have implemented the following procedures:
- Notaries and any other staff that do not feel well will not attend closings. Further, we will ask that you do not attend closing if you are showing any signs of illness.
- Closing will be strictly limited to only individuals who must sign closing documents in the presence of a notary. We can add any other parties by telephone conference to the in-person closing.
- Sanitizer will be offered to all parties prior to signing.
- All parties will follow proper social distancing, as appropriate.
- Customers will be provided their own pens and will be asked to take all pens with them after closing.
- We will be limiting exchange of personal items, such as driver licenses, which we will photograph in lieu of copy.
- Notaries will not shake hands. Prior to and immediately after closing notaries will wash hands and wipe down all surfaces.
These are extraordinary times. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our procedures and contingency plans in accordance with directives from all federal, state, and local authorities. Until then, we will focus our efforts on providing our invaluable services with the safety of our team, clients, customers, and vendors in mind.